Thursday, April 09, 2009

Sailing...coming sooner than you might think...


Ok, I know everyone has probably wanted to sell everything they have and buy a boat and crusie the world, but really who ever does that? ME, that's who (oh and Vicki and Maggie). So I got this crazy idea in my head about 7 months ago...why live like everyone else? Why go through the "routines" of life, only to find at the end, it all ends the same....death.


So I decided not to go through life like so many others, to blaze my own path, which happens to be on a 40+ foot Catamaran. Now, dreaming is the easy part. Coming up with the 300K or so to do this right is going to be challenging. We are soon to be debt free, less the house. Then after that, we can start chipping away at that mortgage. I figure we could be totally debt free, by late 2013. Then we could sell the house, the business, all our crap, move into our new home on the ocean and go explore the world (or at least the really warm parts that have water near them - Think the BVI's, Costa Rica, Panama, Hawaii and any other small island in the Pacific).

Now alot of people ask, Todd, how long have you been sailing? The answer to that is easy, I haven't. Then how the heck do you know if you will like it. To that end I say, no matter the struggle, how hard it may be, I know that my family will always LOVE the results!

posted by Odd Todd - One man, many dreams at 9:13 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home